Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Random Thoughts I Think About

So within the past month since my last blog, I have been trying to find something I could deem worthy to post up for all to see. I realised the last few days, that I am always thinking about something; sometimes it is more than one thing and half the time it is a song I have heard or not yet written. I don't know if this is just a woman thing or if it includes all human beings. Here are somethings I have thought about the last month that hopefully anyone one who reads this has more to add and will act on it.

Caution signs: They are put up to keep pedestrians from slipping and suing, but that is not their only purpose. These signs are also put up to say, "Don't step here because it just got cleaned and the person who cleaned it doesn't want you dragging your muddy feet all over, making the mop job pointless."

Pedestrians: Two things here: If America changes the law so that pedestrians do not have the right of way, would we have less deaths and accidents? (Egypt has no pedestrian laws, and they also have few pedestrian deaths.) When learning to drive, it should include training on How To Drive Near BYU Campus. Maybe college campuses state wide, but my thought is that driving near BYU campus scares the crap out of me because pedestrians assume the right of way and that all cars will stop for them. That thinking works...with perfect drivers; it is just another accident waiting to happen.

Courtesy at low paying jobs: I don't know whether it is a sort of pride or caste system, but if you say you work at McDonalds versus working at a 9-5 office job, people will look at you differently. Is it human nature to stereotype or categorise someone? I think so. I try not to, but sometimes I find myself jumping to conclusions on who that person is and their potential.

Aging Backwards: What if everyone in the world had a 'Curious Case' like Benjamin Button and we all were born old only to die as infants. How different would this world be? Well for one, the coffins would be a lot smaller. At the same time, it may not be that different because generally people are taken care of when they are young and when they grow old it seems to be the same; unfortunately that includes changing diapers.

Transportation: I truly believe that we should have transporter devices like off of Star Trek that teleport us to places we need/want to be. It would solve a lot of problems like car/bus/plane emissions, decrease our dependency on oil to almost null, traveling time would be cut to a fraction of the time, punctuality would be easier to achieve, pedestrian would not even be a word and accidents would stop. One pressing problem I do see happening is a huge chunk of people in the world would lose their jobs. Transportation is a large part of everyday lives and to many people, it is their way of earning a living. Also, car people would hate me because driving would be a lost art, maybe it would be considered exotic. Just a few wrinkles to iron out really that's all...

Pitch in the Key of Dog: How much different would music, movies, everyday sounds be if we had the hearing of a dog? This thought alone could take days to discuss.

Moon: How different would our world/Earth be if our moon was a mile closer? 1 mile farther? Non existent?

These are a few things that I have thought about, some deeper than others. I enjoy thinking about things and unfortunately my sleep habits are affected by this. I have had a few moments in my life where I was thinking absolutely nothing, and it scared me. It was a weird feeling having nothing in my head and I hope that it does not happen too often. Anyway...
Until next month's blog, I bid adieu

4 comments:

  1. Oh Bina, you crack me up... what's funny is watching your face when you're sitting quietly because I can always tell when your thoughts have switched gears... A theme I noticed in this blog has to do with pedestrians... did you almost hit one recently? Believe it or not, most college campuses are the same way... an attitude of "I use my legs as transportation so I own the road".... I never understood it, but I guess that it would require people thinking of somebody other than themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I almost always hit one around here. So it must be on my mind a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so smart! You are always thinking about something and it is fun to hear all of the random tidbits of information that you think up or learn about! Love you! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it Val!

    ReplyDelete